Yash Raj Films Licensing (“YRFL”) launches special line of
1000 Weeks Commemorative DDLJ Merchandise!
Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol came together to celebrate Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge‘s 1000 Weeks Of Timeless Romance! To acknowledge this remarkable accomplishment, Yash Raj Films Licensing (“YRFL”) has developed a special line of DDLJ memorabilia – all of which feature designs inspired by the iconic and beloved movie directed by Aditya Chopra.
In commemoration of this landmark event, YRFL has created a strategic partnership with Amazon India (www.amazon.in). Under this alliance, Amazon.in will launch an exclusive DDLJ store (amazon.in/ddlj) that will feature ‘1000 Weeks Commemorative DDLJ Merchandise.’
The first exceptional product is the release of a special coffee table book written by the private and reclusive Aditya Chopra, about the making of DDLJ. “Aditya Chopra Relives Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge as told to Nasreen Munni Kabir,” will be available exclusively at Amazon’s DDLJ store. This will be the first time Aditya Chopra will share his thoughts about the creation of this extraordinary film along with exclusive images, making this book an instant must have item!
Also available at Amazon’s DDLJ store will be an exclusive special limited edition classic DDLJ cowbell autographed by the film’s stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol along with director Aditya Chopra. In keeping with the celebration’s theme, only 1000 DDLJ cowbells, all recreations of the legendary cowbell featured in the film, will be made available for purchase.
Additional partners participating with YRFL in the DDLJ 1000 Weeks Celebration include the following:
- ICICI Bank is offering a first-of-its-kind collection of Expressions Movie Debit Cards featuring the most iconic and memorable scenes from the film. These special debit cards will only be available at www.icicibank.com/expressions and ICICI Bank Branches. Mr. Rajiv Sabharwal, Executive Director, ICICI Bank, said: “Our partnership with Yash Raj Films enables us to print the image of the customers’ favourite movie on their ICICI Bank Expressions Debit Card, the only card in India to offer this facility. Movies are an important facet of life in India and some movies become iconic, like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, creating a huge customer connect. Enabling customers to personalise their debit cards with their favourite movie images makes the product extremely engaging and relevant from customer perspective. Response from the customers has been very encouraging.”
- Asian Paints will launch a line of DDLJ Wall Decals By Nilaya. These easy-to-apply wall decals of unforgettable images from DDLJ can be simply re-applied to walls. In the words of Mr. Amit Syngle, President- Sales, Marketing and Technology, “Wall decals allow consumers to easily personalize their spaces and are a great way to add character to their rooms.” The Asian Paints - DDLJ wall decals will be available at Amazon’s DDLJ store and at all Asian Paints Colour Ideas stores.
- Collectabillia, India’s premier portal for authentic exclusive memorabilia, has created a series of three DDLJ inspired unique pieces of wall art to commemorate the DDLJ 1000 Weeks Celebration. Production is limited to just 20 of each piece in the series. A visual treat, each work of art in the series is an innovative design capturing the essence of iconic moments from the film. Blending the flavour of cinema with the timelessness of DDLJ, this exclusive series of wall art from Collectabillia will be available only on the company’s website, www.collectabillia.com
- Popley Group, with a rich history of creating & curating very exclusive jewellery will offer a limited edition DDLJ 1000 Weeks Celebration Popley Swiss Gold Pendant. Crafted in 24 karat gold it includes an assayer purity of gold certificate. These pendants are packaged in a specially designed DDLJ case and sealed in tamper proof packing. Designed by Rhea Nasta, this special DDLJ pendant is a perfect expression of timeless romance and unconditional love, making it an ideal gift. Production of the pendant is limited to 1000 individually numbered pieces and will be available exclusively at Popley stores throughout India and the Middle East.
- SpinksWorld - PhotoHaat is offering a wide range of products that will appeal to every DDLJ Fan. The selection of DDLJ products include cute coffee mugs, sippers, funky coasters, key chains, badges, mouse pads, laptop bags and mobile covers – all of which feature memorable dialogues and images from DDLJ. Available at Amazon’s DDLJ store and www.photohaat.com, each item can also be customized to include images of loved ones or personalised messages, making these DDLJ products unique and memorial gifts.
- Skipper Furnishing is bringing the timeless magic of DDLJ into homes. India’s leader in home fashions, Skipper Furnishings has developed an exclusive range of home décor in the form of DDLJ cushions. Available in ten distinct designs, these fashionable cushions blend iconic scenes, dialogue and other elements from DDLJ, creating a unique way of adding style and flair to home interiors. Tanay Agarwal, Director of Skipper Furnishings, is excited about the acquisition of a DDLJ license and stated, “The association between Skipper Furnishings and a brand like YRF and a film as significant as DDLJ in a country where people are crazy about Bollywood, will allow us to touch more lives and make more homes beautiful. These cushions will be available at all Skipper Homes stores and the YRF store on the Skipper Homes websitehttp://www.skipperhomefashions.com as well as Amazon’s DDLJ store.
- HP Merchantainment under the brand Gabambo is delighted to be launching an exclusive collection of DDLJ merchandise. The collection includes posters, canvas art prints and t-shirts all of which incorporate noteworthy dialogues and images from DDLJ that will evoke fond memories of the film. A must have for all DDLJ fans, the collection is available at www.gabambo.com in addition to Amazon’s DDLJ store.
- Marvel Art Gallery, one of India’s leading galleries, is partnering with YRFL to create an innovative series of two signed and number limited edition silk-screened serigraphic paintings. Each design captures the timeless essence of DDLJ and will have significant appeal for those who love and collect cinema inspired art. Created by the eminent artist Ravindra Salve, both series of serigraphs will be available at Marvel Art Gallery in Ahmedabad.
- Star Cruises announced a special one-of-a-kind opportunity for couples to join the celebration of timeless love where one lucky couple gets a chance to soak themselves in the magic of DDLJ aboard the Star Cruises’ Super Star Gemini from Singapore to exotic destinations of Malaysia and back. Naresh Rawal, VP of Star Cruises said “We at Star Cruises salute the contribution of YRF and the immense commitment, talent and creative products that the studio and Yashji have contributed to Bollywood and the Indian film fraternity. We respect creative talent and DDLJ is the most iconic film ever produced in our country. We are indeed honoured to be a part of the 1000 Weeks Celebrations of DDLJ.”
- Doodle Collection is launching a fun range of DDLJ inspired diaries. The DDLJ range of premium Doodle diaries effortlessly captures the romance of classic dialogues, iconic elements and memorable scenes that make DDLJ timeless. These diaries are perfect for romantic souls and also ideal to pen down special ideas or just to collect and treasure! Mrs. Huma Asgar, Director and Founder of Doodle Collection adds, “As YRF and Doodle Collection join hands, we are ready to create some wonderful designs that add the perfect touch of romance to our diaries and keep the essence of the timeless movie DDLJ alive.”