Mere Brother Ki Dulhan has been the talk of the town, not only in India but all over the world as well, as fantastic reviews have kept pouring in ever since the release of the movie.
Here are a few excerpts from some of the international reviews:
- "It's a stylish Bollywood crowd-pleaser with a provocative subtext revealing the toll exacted by those craving happiness but seemingly hamstrung by tradition and propriety," said the Los Angeles Times.
- "Engaging leads, high-end production values, energetic musical numbers and a familiar story should ensure healthy biz" for the film, said Variety magazine.
- The New York Times says "Written and directed with a sure hand and the occasional witty touch by Ali Abbas Zafar, 'Mere Brother' spends most of its 145 minutes hitting Bollywood's sweet spot: a wedding."
- "The music by Sohail Sen has already become popular and comprises chartbusters like Madhubala and Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hai amongst others. All in all, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan holds out a promise for a pleasant weekend viewing", says the Times Of India.
- Zee News reports, "Overall, ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ touches the right chord and doesn’t overkill the fun. The screenplay and narrative is tight and crispy and some great performances by Imran, Katrina and Ali are the USP of the film. ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ is a great watch this weekend! Four cheers for this one!"
- "The mood and feel of the film shuttle smoothly between life and larger than life. It has got real Delhi street scuffles and also a girl strumming an electric guitar without any cords in front of the Taj Mahal. You don’t mind either. ", by The Telegraph (Kolkata).
- Koimoi wrote, " The entertaining screenplay; the emotional undercurrent of the drama; Katrina Kaif’s fantastic performance; the hit music and the eye-pleasing song picturisations."
If you still haven't seen the movie, well what are you waiting for??